Saturday, September 25, 2010

Emi Turns Three


This week has been a whirlwind of birthday celebrations for my youngest daughter that will end this evening with her third and final party! Three parties to mark turning three years old, a little excessive maybe? Bless her little heart, she keeps telling me that this is her best week ever! She received a birthday card the other day from her great grandma with $10 and she was so excited I thought she would burst. "Mommy, this is my best day ever, I got monies"!
This week is a little bittersweet for mommy. Of course I am thankful that she is growing up happy, healthy and strong but she is my baby and each year that passes is a little sadder. They are growing up so fast. My 5 year old started kindergarten in August and my 12 year old hasn't been my a "baby" for a long time...now I just have my little Emersen and she is not a baby anymore as much as I hate to admit. I know that they will always be my babies to "me" but don't tell them that...they are "big girls" now even Emi!
So tonight we will end our week long streak of birthday parties and cakes(because apparently everyone in the two families can't come together for one party like I wanted....just venting) with my parents coming over to enjoy m
y hubby's super chili and hot dogs, and this time it will be Dairy Queen Cake number 2 with a Scooby Doo theme. There is an upside to all of this growing up, besides being potty trained and it is definitely the Dairy Queen cake...lol! The Dora one didn't make longer then a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment