Thursday, October 14, 2010

What Inspires You?



Yesterday I finally got a chance to take the camera outside to take some pics of the leaves. Autumn is my very favorite season in Ohio. In a state where winters are too frigid and visually unappealing and summers are too hot and humid, fall is a welcome occasion. The crisp cool air is just perfect for your favorite sweater and jeans. Pumpkins, gourds and mums adorn front stoops up and down the street and children pick out ghoulish costumes hoping to bag a pillowcase full of candy.





The best part for me though is the leaves. Walking my little Lillian to the bus stop the other morning, the leaves crunching under our feet, I said to her "it sounds like fall, it smells like fall, it looks like fall....it must be fall" to which she promptly rolled her eyes! Every day when we walk home from the bus stop I encourage her to make as much noise as she can crunching through the leaves on our rainbow colored sidewalk. My three-year-old Emi, loves to make me proud by pointing out her colors showing me that the neighbors tree is red while the house across the street has a yellow tree and our tree is now a brilliant orange. She collects leaves everyday on our walks and compares them. Over the weekend they helped my husband rake the yard and jumped in the leaf piles, something that children have enjoyed for many generations.I captured some really great images of the trees and their changing leaves and hopefully you enjoy them too!




The leaves inspired my Circle of Life pendant and I want to know what is inspiring you right now?

1 comment:

  1. I love the new look of your blog...it fits!

    What inspires me...?
    Everything, specially this time of the year, the changes in colors are so wonderful, the weather and wind, letting me know that nature has a new song and it is about to sing very loud with its magic of color. I like to think that before everything goes dormant, we are given a message to go out singing as loud as we can...to get creative, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete